Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Week 23

Well, it has been an eventful week. Let's see what I can cover:
Health: I got my hospital results back. Chest x-ray was normal. Blood work--- low creatin and vitamin D levels. I'm on a prescription strength weekly vitamin D pill for the next 3 weeks. Not much we can do about creatin except drink more water (I already drink SO MUCH). I have a "just in case" cardiology appointment on May 9. My doctor doesn't think it's my heart, but wants to be extra sure. I am feeling MUCH better, but still having chest discomfort. Mostly just tightness. I'm sleeping fine and all of that, and I don't have any other symptoms, but my mission pres' wife has banned me from running until my appointment (probably best, but LAME). Thanks for your prayers. They help. :)
Birthday: My birthday was excellent! I felt so celebrated :) I got sung to many times, got to give a tour to a friend-of-a-friend at the sites, my roommate made me coffee cake for breakfast, and I got a package from home right on time. I had lots of cards to open and we had a late-night birthday party complete with games, presents, and more cake.
Transfers: Since this isn't first of the list you can probably guess, but Sister Aiello and I are both staying in Webster for another 6 weeks. We are getting a new roommate though. Sister Wall and I have gotten really close, so I'm REALLY sad she's leaving for Pittsford, but we'll still see her around. Our new roommate is Sister Clark, and she flew out with me. She is from TX and is really nice. She is probably moving into my apartment as we speak (type?)
My area: The biggest news from my area this week is that we started teaching the Frank family. The mom is less-active and her records weren't even in our ward, but we learned about them from some other missionaries and fixed that problem. She has 5 kids and a husband who are all non-members. And we have started teaching them! Awesome :) We are doing a lot of less-active work now that the ward is trying to implement the Perry plan, but that's good because not only can we strengthen members but it's a great way to find new investigators. :)
Community service: We also started volunteering at the Hope House this week. It is a place where struggling families and individuals can get food, clothing, etc so they don't lose their homes. It is a lot of fun to serve in a different way, and a good way to meet people in our area.
I think that's about all the updates I'll have time for today, but it's been a fun week.
Love ya all! <3
Sister Schank