Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 26

Hi friends and family!

Before I forget.....PICTURES!




Bro. and Sis Williams (from my home ward) came to visit the Smith Farm



The morning of my 22nd birthday (Sister Madsen made coffee cake for breakfast from SCRATCH!)



















Me and my b-day loot



Me in a cute hospital gown when I got my CAT scan 
(CAT scans sound scary, so this picture is so you can see that 
I look okay and like I feel great!)




Keith's baptism! (Sis Aiello, Sis Madsen, Sis Wall, Tina, Keith, Sis Clark, me.)














































Okay, most of these I think have been explained in previous emails, but let me catch you up on a few things. Baptism first. Tina got baptized on Christmas Eve and is on fire. She made a LOT of life changes, and she is awesome. She takes really great care of the missionaries. She started bringing a friend, Keith O'Neill, to church probably in February or March. So fast-forward to May. He got baptized this last Saturday, and they are getting married on Friday! It seems to have happened kind of quickly, but I am really excited for them. Tina's husband passed away 3 years ago and Keith has 4 kids but has never been married. And they will be really great for each other. Yay for weddings!

Health update next. I am still feeling varying amounts of pain on a daily basis, but there aren't really any other symptoms. I had an echocardiogram this week, which is just a fancy name for an ultrasound of your heart. It was weird but kind of cool to see my heart beating on the monitor. I saw my cardiologist Thursday, and he said that my echo, EKG, and CAT scan all came back clear. So it's not something serious like a blood clot in my lungs, or fluid around my heart or anything crazy like that. Which is good. The only bad news is that we still don't really know what's going on. He was going to send me back to my primary care physician, but I asked him about whether I was allowed to run and mentioned that running is painful. So he said there is one last test I need to take. :P It's called a stress test, and it's the one where you have to run on a treadmill... yeah, that's pretty much all I know about it. Anyway, it's next week. In the meantime, I am taking lots of ibuprofen and doing a lot of ab work and speedwalking in the mornings instead of running, or after running a short distance. So... I won't know much else for a couple of weeks.

This is going to be a big week. Not only is the wedding on Friday, but we have zone conference. In the Sacred Grove. Pretty cool, right? Well the morning half is in the Sacred Grove anyway, and then we will move to a chapel for the afternoon. And I found out this weekend that I'm the only one in the zone with musical inclination and so could I please figure out a musical number for Tuesday...by myself. Aaah! That would not be a problem if I was really good or well-practiced or anything...but as it stands, I'm a little nervous. I decided to do that piano solo of More Holiness Give Me in that little black book we made, dad. It meeds a little brushing up but is pretty simple, so hopefully it will go fine. Ha, pray for me!

I know you already are praying for me. Thank you so much. Things are going about as well as they ever have with my companionship, and with my area as well. I am loving the sites. I love you all very much and miss you, but I am so glad to be here! Gotta run. >3!!!

Christa