Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 27

Okaaaay, it's been a really busy week and my time is cut this week because of the holiday so this is going to be a little bit of a whirlwind. Here goes:

-Zone conference: We had zone conference in the sacred grove and at the base of the Hill Cumorah this week. SO COOL! We got to just spend 30 minutes on our own in the Sacred Grove to pray and study and get some questions answered...highly recommended. I ended up playing More Holiness Give Me as a piano solo for the musical number, and despite my really shaky hands I did okay (big blessing!) The best part of zone conference I think was actually after it ended. My companion was worried about some things and we asked President Christianson if she could get a blessing. I came with her to kind of translate her concerns and so after her blessing, he asked if I wanted one. It was one of the most amazing blessings I've ever had. He promised me added patience (everyone who knows me knows I could always use that!) He blessed me with the gift of tongues to communicate and understand. He told me that my sins had been forgiven...I know that the sacrament really does apply the atonement to our lives, but hearing someone say that out loud has really impacted me. He also told me that I would run and not be weary and walk and not faint. This brings me to my next "point":

-Health: I hadn't been able to run more than half a mile in over a month. Until that blessing. The next morning I woke up and ran a mile and a half. Miracle! I know that all of your prayers are helping as well; thank you thank you!! I am still feeling daily pain but I am definitely functional. I had a stress test today, which is where they hook you up to a million things and then put you on a treadmill and keep increasing the speed and incline until you have to stop. Still a little sore from that, but doing okay. I talk to the cardiologist about results on Thursday. I am improving, and trying not to think about it too much.

-Sunday night fireside: Alex Boye came out and did I fireside on Sunday, and I got to go! I actually shook his hand :) It was really good; he has a lot of talent and especially a lot of passion for the gospel and the atonement.

Aaaah that time went way way too fast! Memorial day was great...and I need to go. Sorry. I love you all so much; thanks again for your prayers. I'll try to write more next week.

Love, Christa