Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 33 - Ready or not...

Pageant is RIGHT around the corner... I still can barely believe it but the cast is rehearsing and the dress rehearsal is in 3 days! We are actually moving down to Palmyra on Wednesday for the next week and a half... which means I get to pack today (you know how much I love packing). It also means that I get to fit a whole week of proselyting into the next two days. And I have shifts at the sites both days. And a district meeting tomorrow. And then pageant starts, so we have nonstop shifts every day, plus calling dozens of referrals, plus trying to contact people in our area by phone/internet, plus working the actual pageant... we don't even get a p-day next week. So basically... we don't have time to breathe for the next 2 weeks. It is going to be AWESOME. :D Don't worry mom, I will probably sleep. Actually, our mission president wants us to make sure we are getting 8 hours, even though we won't be home until after 11 some nights.

What's really crazy about pageant is that despite the craziness right now, our proselyting area is doing SO WELL! We set a baptismal date yesterday and hope to set another tonight. Everyone was sick this past week, but we have almost more appointments than we can handle right now (not that we have a ton of area time, but it's a blessing not to be tracting right before we need to leave... can't really set appointments with people you find if you're not going to be around.) The Lord is blessing us for our efforts.

This was a great week. Went on exchange... I got to go down to Palmyra. It was interesting, we went tracting and could see the Hill Cumorah from these people's front yards. Kinda different... Also got to go to the temple this week. I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE! The temple is SO WORTH our efforts to be worthy.

I think that's about it for now! Thanks for your love and prayers. And letters. In that regard, please send all mail to the mission office for the next couple of weeks. I'll be in Palmyra until July 22 and then transfers are on the 24th... and I've been in my area for 5 transfers now so chances are pretty good I'll be leaving :( (I love Webster and the Rochester 1st ward!)

I need to go but I love you all so so much!
Sister Schank

Downtown Rochester
Me and my companion, Sister Aiello


I love to see the Palmyra Temple!
setting up the stage on the Hill Cumorah from above


No comments:

Post a Comment