Friday, March 22, 2013

Week 68


Dear family and friends,

It has been a pretty great week. I am really, really tired but working hard! We have been at the sites a lot this week, and it has been way slow. Seems like fewer schools have spring break this week than normal. We did get to go to the temple yesterday though. I love the temple so much. We also had a specialized training this week, about recognizing the Spirit. I am really coming to understand what the Spirit "tastes" like to me. It has been such a huge blessing and I've received so much guidance about how I can be a better disciple as I've sought revelation for those I teach.

We started teaching Liz this week. Do you remember the Allgood boys? She is Blake's older half-sister, so their dad's ex-wife's daughter, but she is living with them. She is 19 and not really religious but she is coming to church most weeks and enjoying it more than she expected. Steve is doing really awesome, he is really giving himself over to God and letting himself be healed for the first time in his life, even though he's been in and out of the church. We haven't had a chance to see many more people this week, but I feel the Lord blessing us.

I'm sorry this is really really short this week.  The gospel is so true. Jesus Christ heals and strengthens us. Feeling the Spirit in our lives brings us the greatest joy. I love you all a million!

Love,
Sister Schank