Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 62


Dear friends and family,

Just a quick update today.  Thanks so much for writing, sounds like everyone is doing great. We had dinner at the Ciceros this week.  Bro Cicero was out of town this Sunday for the superbowl so they didn't come to church but they are doing well. Haven't seen Monique yet. Christine got anti'ed this week, so we've been cleaning up that mess but I think she will be okay.  My leg is doing well, I have a big scab but it's healing just fine.

Weather is up and down, 60s some days, single-digits days later. We proselyte almost every day, right now we are at the sites 3 half-days per week. We don't work with the stake very much because we have 3 sets of young missionaries and 2 senior couples attending our ward and president is thinking of putting another set of young elders in, so just juggling the ward is crazy enough. We use the online area book for referrals from the sites, but our mission isn't using it for proselyting areas yet. We do still get to use facebok which has been a huge blessing and now that I'm back at the sites we do mormon.org chats sometimes, which can be fun. The BoM publication site is my "favorite" but really it depends on the day. I love working at the Hill also... I just feel very lucky to be in any of these sacred places and especially recently I have felt a lot closer to the people who once walked here... in Joseph Smith's time, but also in BoM times too. :)

Cute story of the week: We went to visit a little girl named Abby we've been teaching (with her mom) to drop something off for her 8th birthday this week. She was at her dad's house, but her mom told us that her birthday candle wish had been that she could be Mormon. She is really zealous about the gospel and even reads the BoM at school instead of other books. Her dad is opposed but her mom has full custody so we are trying to see what we can do to make her wish come true :)

I need to run but hopefully I answered everyone's questions. If not just ask them again. Love you all a ton, give Kenny lots of love for me! I will be praying for him and all of you. Keep me updated!

Love,
Sister Schank