Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 30

Hey there everyone!  It's been a great week!  I don't have much time but I will share a couple of experiences.

So as the designated driver of the Webster companionship, I get to drive the oh-so-beautiful "mama van." Make that "got to drive." It's a silver 2011 Dodge Caravan...I put most of the miles on it and I miss it. :( It all started on my way to email last week... I was taking out the trash on the way out the door and somehow my car keys ended up at the bottom of a dumpster. Sister Clark is the tallest in our apartment, so after my best efforts using a metal hanger and actually pushing them farther down, she grabbed the hanger and climbed right inside the dumpster. Success! All was well.



Fast forward about 22 hours. I'm driving down the highway to do some community service... we volunteer sometimes at this place called the Hope House, which is put on by the Holy Trinity church. They basically collect, sort, and distribute clothes and food from the community to those in need. It was raining really hard, so I was going like 47 mph (the speed limit is 55). And all of a sudden, police lights go on behind me. I pull over and he asks for my license/registration...next thing I know (20 minutes later), I have three tickets! Wha...? Turns out the insurance company didn't communicate with the registration people LAST JULY, so my car was unregistered for 42 days like a year ago. And for some reason I still don't fully understand, that is a problem. A big enough problem to get three tickets and court date. So... basically I can't drive that car until I go to court next month. So we are car-sharing, which has been interesting.

My health has been good this week. Very little chest pain. I'm taking both omeprazole and Ibuprofen regularly, and it seems to be helping. I have a follow-up appointment on the 5th, so we'll see what happens then.

The sites are getting busier, which I love. It does mean that we get less time in our area though, which has been kind of hard. But we are seeing miracles in the little time we have in the area. We are teaching two people this coming week or so that are new... wish us luck!




The Sacred grove is so green and beautiful this time of year!


Gotta run... love you all! <3
Sister Schank