Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 21

Not a whole ton to report on this week. The sites are picking up a TON... we have five shifts this week! It has been a little bit of a rough transition from proselyting almost full-time, but I love the sites as well. Our investigators have been really hard to get in touch with lately, so most of our time has been spent with less-actives or recent converts. I really have grown to love some of these people. Tonight, we are teaching Leah and Sarah. Sarah is 10 and got baptized last December. Leah is her mom, she was less-active before missionaries started teaching Sarah. I LOVE them. We always feel the Spirit so strongly when we teach in their home. They have sincere desires to be ever better. They have been feeding us a lot lately despite their crazy schedules, so we are bringing them dinner tonight :) Just chili and cornbread, but I am excited about it. :)
Thank you all for your prayers. I need and feel them. Sister Aiello is rapidly progressing, but we both still need all the help we can get from the Lord!
Favorite scripture of the week: Words of Mormon 1:7. Particularly the second half of the verse. Totally captures how I feel this week.
"And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me.  And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."
Gotta run, but I love you all!
Love,
Sister Schank