Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 7 - Sick week

So, this week has been interesting. Kind of a rough one, to be honest. It started with a few sick days (Sister Chatterton had the flu, so I by extension stayed home Sunday-Wednesday), and even after we were able to get out into our area, we had a few days that just felt altogether unsuccessful. It's not so much that we were getting rejected... more that people weren't even opening their doors. So frustrating! We actually started bearing our testimonies to people's front doors. (We are not going crazy, probably. We just needed to be uplifted, and what better way than bearing testimony?)
In some ways, this week has been a blessing though. We have redoubled our faith, our efforts, and our prayers. We are starting to get appointments to teach lessons this week! We still don't even technically have a progressing investigator, but it feels like the area is making progress. We got my first referral this week, and even though she wasn't interested, it felt like the Lord was providing :) I know that no matter how my area is progressing, I am making progress as a missionary. The Lord is teaching me faith and patience. I am seeing the small miracles in my life every day. I have had to decide again that I would serve Him however He asks--- whether that includes a lot of baptizing or a lot of door contacting. He knows what He is doing.
Another blessing of our "sick week" was that Sister Chatterton and I memorized the Living Christ this week. We started Tuesday and finished this morning. I am not generally very good at memorizing, but I love this document. My testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ has really grown as I have done this, and Preach My Gospel teaches that as our testimony of Christ and the Atonement grow, so will our desire to share what we know. And it's true!

The Living Christ

XOXO,
Sister Schank