Friday, April 26, 2013

Week 73


Hi :)

My birthday was awesome! We had district meeting and interviews with the President. Everyone look forward to interviews because President is kinda like the closest thing we have to a parent who we can actually see and he is really busy so it's really the only one-on-one time we get. Also, he knows EVERYTHING. In between, my roommates were awesome and surprised me with pie! (We had like 3 cakes for Sis Killen's bday last week and were kinda caked out). We also had site meeting out at the Peter Whitmer Farm that night. I really really love that place, and haven't got to spend a lot of time there on my mission. The Spirit is particularly strong down there. BUT the best part of my birthday was that Kathryn got to go to the temple for the first time to do baptisms, and I got to go see her and do them also! It has been a long time since I have done baptisms, but the best thing ever was seeing Kathryn in the temple. The gospel is so cool!! I felt so blessed to see someone I love so much, who has come so far and been so richly blessed by living the principles of the gospel.

Other than that, it honestly hasn't been a really extraordinary week. It has been a good week though. I've had some great tours at the sites. It is such a blessing to be able to meet so many different people. I worked my last shift at the Whitmer Farm yesterday :/ That was weird. I am really going to miss it, but I am working on remembering everything! We have been really busy this week but somehow have kept busy without teaching lots of lessons :/ Everyone keeps cancelling. Steve has had a rough week but we had a really miraculous lesson on Monday that was very Spirit-led. His walls were way up but we felt inspired to send him some seemingly-random reading for beforehand and it was exactly what he needed. Lizz is doing pretty good but has been busy and we haven't seen her in church for awhile. Yep! I guess that's my week :) It has been so so good. President said in my interview with him that obedience is directly correlated with love, and it is love that makes us happy. That just made sense to me :) I am obedient and I serve so I feel love, and I am happy. It all boils down to being really simple.

I love this gospel! It's true :) Joseph Smith is a prophet, and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. His commandments bring us peace. Covenants bring forgiveness. Love brings us joy. It really is that simple. I love you all!

Sister Schank