Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 18

This week is going to have to be really short, so I apologize in advance. The biggest news is my new companion! Sister Aiello arrived last week. She is from Sicily (Palermo), and is doing great with her English. We only sometimes can't understand each other (which can be frustrating for both of us as she is trying to learn to be a missionary), but the Lord is blessing us and we are making improvements together every day. The four of us in our apartment can communicate pretty effectively almost all of the time, but she is still working hard to communicate well with people she doesn't speak with often. It has been interesting trying to teach/learn with her since I still feel like a new missionary, but I know that the Lord qualifies those He calls and that things are working out.
We haven't had a ton of proselyting time this week because we are working so much at the sites (4 days next week!), and because both of our investiagtors have been out of town. We are doing some really great less-active/recent convert work though. We had some people attend church this week, which was exciting, and we have been working with people to gear them towards family history and the temple. It's been a good week. We actually are going down with some people we teach to the Grandin Building tonight for a special FHE activity (the BoM was printed 182 years ago today). It's going to be a huge event (President is dressing up as Joseph Smith, which will be funny), and I am singing for it (His Image in Your Countenance; it's based on a verse in Alma 5). I'll have to report on it next week.
I love you a whole lot but today has been crazy so I gotta run. I'm going to attach a quick picture we tool this morning with my new comp.
Much love!
Sister Schank